Health Professions: Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
- PTA Program is five (5) semesters in length
- First semester is pre-requisite semester consisting of all general education classes taken before admission to the program
- PTA Program is not available online
- Full-time program
- Daytime hours - 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Begins in August of each year
- Graduation in May
- A.A.S. (Associates in Applied Science) Degree
- Easy transfer to Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences program at ODU through Articulation Agreement
- The Physical Therapy Assistant program at Tidewater Community College is
accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education
(CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone:
703-706-3245; email: email@example.com; website: http://www.capteonline.org
- Graduates are qualified to apply to sit for the National PTA Licensing
Graduation Rate, Ultimate Licensure Rate, Employment Rate
Staring salary for program graduates
- May 2012 - $41,600 - $47,840 (full-time with benefits)
Information on this web site is subject to change. Students
should check periodically to see if materials have been updated.
Tidewater Community College maintains and promotes equal opportunity
without regard to ethnicity, color, gender, age (except where gender
or age is a bona fide occupational qualification), religion, handicap,
national origin, or other non-merit factors. Disclosure of social
security number, age, gender, and ethnicity is optional.
Once again, thank you for your interest in our program. Please
C. Basinger, PT, DPT, MS with any further questions or
concerns at (757) 822-7251.
Concerns from the General Public