Health Professions: Radiologic Technology Program
Minimum Program Prerequisites
- High School Graduate or GED
- Math 4/5
- English 3
- Anatomy & Physiology I - BIO 141
- Prerequisite for BIO 141: BIO 100 highly recommended by the counseling center
- Preps students for success in BIO 141
- BIO 141 has high failure rate if student is not prepared
- BIO 100 is not required by the RAD program but is highly recommended if:
- You did not take biology in high school
- Your retention of biology from high school is weak
- Use your own judgment to ensure success in 141
- HLT 141 or 143 vs. BIO 100 is optional prep for BIO 141
- BIO 100 and HLT 143 recommended for best preparation and success.
All prerequisites must be completed by end of the fall semester to be qualified to apply to the program
General Education Courses in the RAD Curriculum
Most students complete all of the courses listed above before starting the RAD portion of the program in May. (except CPR)
Try to complete BIO 142 before starting the program in May.
It is VERY difficult to take BIO 142 while enrolled in the Radiography Program!