Health Professions: Radiologic Technology Program
Minimum Program Prerequisites
- High School Graduate or GED
- MTE 4/5 (Developmental Math)
- ENF III (Developmental English)
- Anatomy & Physiology I - BIO 141
- The prerequisite for BIO 141 is NAS 2
- Preps students for success in BIO 141
- BIO 141 has a high failure rate if student is not prepared
- BIO 100 or 101 may be used as substitutes for NAS 2 if taken within the last 3 years
- HLT 141 or 143 is also an optional prep for BIO 141
- NAS 2 and HLT 143 or 141 are recommended for best preparation and success in BIO 141
All prerequisites must be completed by end of the fall semester to be qualified to apply to the program
General Education Courses in the RAD Curriculum
Most students complete all of the general education courses listed above before beginning the Radiography portion of the program in May. Although most of these are NOT "prerequisites", points are given towards admission to the program for completing as many of them as possible by the end of the fall semester.
It is recommended that you complete BIO 142 before starting the program in May.
It is VERY difficult to take BIO 142 while enrolled in the Radiography Program!