Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies Program
In Partnership with Tidewater Community College
Earn a U.Va. degree without leaving Hampton Roads.
University of Virginia BIS Information Sessions
The University of Virginia and Tidewater Community College offer an adult degree completion program exclusively for Tidewater Community College students. The Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies (BIS) program is a part-time, but rigorous, undergraduate degree program with evening and weekend classes designed to meet the educational needs of the adult student.
This transfer program builds on students' previous college work and offers liberal arts courses that promote critical thinking and analytical skills. Dedicated faculty, individual advising and small classes provide a small college experience within a large university.
to the UVA BIS degree program must:
- Have 60 semester credits of transferable college course work
from one or more regionally accredited colleges
or universities with a grade of
C or better in each course. At least 15 transferable credits must be from TCC.
- Be in good standing with a minimum 2.0 GPA from the last college attended.
- Be at least four years past high school graduation.
- Have no previous degree from a four-year institution.
Tidewater BIS Office
BIS INFORMATION SESSIONS - Please continue to check this site for details about upcoming information sessions. If you are unable to attend an information session, but would like to talk with a counselor about the program, please contact Maura Spreen at email@example.com, Penny Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Office location: Advanced Technology Center, Room 228B, Virginia Beach Campus
- U.Va. representative: Penny Lewis, Coordinator of Recruitment and Academic Services
- Office hours vary. Contact Penny Lewis for an appointment.
- Contact information: Email Address: email@example.com, telephone: 757-822-7486
request information via online form: https://www.tcc.edu/secure/forms/bis.php.
What: An opportunity to have some informal dialogue with BIS staff and some current students.
When & Where: Maps & directions
We provide on-going preliminary transcript evaluations. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for advising purposes. Please fax transcripts to (434) 982-5324 or send to SCPSadmissions@virginia.edu
For more information about the program, please see the links on the left navigation, or call the TCC Information Center at 757-822-1122, or visit the BIS web site at http://www.scps.virginia.edu/bisdegree.