Program Admission Requirements
- All new students must apply at the Admissions Office to become a student at Tidewater Community College
- New students must have an interview with the Fire Science Program
Director before admission to classes. This interview will cover
an orientation to the program courses. During the interview, students
who are transferring fire credits or students who have fire certifications
will be advised about waivers and substitutions. Call 757 - 822-7209
for an appointment.
- Students must complete the college placement test for English, reading and math of have equivalent transfer course work. Placement into ENG 111 and MTH 121 is required.
- In addition to the required courses for graduation, all students must demonstrate computer competency by testing or the completion of a computer class.
- It is desirable for the graduating students to have an Emergency Medical Technician-B Certification.
Richard A. Dienst
Director - Fire Science Program
Tidewater Community College
1700 College Crescent
Virginia Beach, VA 23453