Program Advisory Committees
||Responsibilities of the college
to the committee members
The program head or faculty liaison serving on the committee will provide the following to the committee members in order to ensure the effective operation of the work of the committee.
- Advise members of significant developments at the college with respect to the instructional or educational services area or special emphasis of the committee.
- Make arrangements for meeting locations, materials, and supplies.
- Assist in the development of a schedule of meeting dates.
- Assist the chair as needed with the development of a meeting agenda.
- Notify members in a timely manner of scheduled meetings.
- Distribute minutes of the meetings and maintain files of the committee’s minutes in the appropriate academic dean’s office.
- Maintain a current list of committee members.
- Prepare all materials for distribution to committee members prior to each meeting.
- Coordinate and communicate the business of the committee to the appropriate college personnel.
- Respond to recommendations made by the advisory committee.