Program Advisory Committees
||Responsibilities of Committee Members
The following are the responsibilities of the committee members.
- Serve as a communication link between the college and community professional/technical groups and/or organizations.
- Advise in the designing of courses and curricula by defining specific skills requirements, essential information, and knowledge required as these relate to the curriculum.
- Identify community resources that would help to support or contribute to the success of the program(s) or special emphasis.
- Review long-and-short term goals and objectives of the programs.
- Recommend, upon request, competent personnel from business and industry to serve as potential instructors.
- Advise in the evaluation of the curriculum and recommends such changes as necessary to keep it current with the industry standard.
- Advise as to the purchase of appropriate instructional equipment to provide requisite skills for students.
- Assist in recruiting, providing internships and/or cooperative educational experiences, and in placing qualified graduates in appropriate jobs.
- Keep the college informed on changes and trends in the economy and the labor market, including specific workforce needs.
- Provide means for the college to inform the community of curriculum and suggests ways for improving the marketing of a specific curriculum.