Hours | Rate | Eligibility| Ages | Staff | Limit | Forms
The Children's Village at TCC
SIGN UP TO USE YOUR FINANCIAL AID TO ASSIST WITH CHILD MINDING!
Sign Up from May 14, 2013 through May 30, 2013.
Go to any campus Business Office to sign up.
Child Minding Scholarships are available. Applications due by May 24, 2013.
(See Form Below)
Registration for Summer 2013 Has Begun
Please note the change in hours.
Norfolk Student Center, Room 5213
Call for more details: 757-822-1562
The Children’s Village at Tidewater Community College is being provided to serve the needs of today’s students. We are the answer to the dilemma that many parents face... where to find quality child minding while in school.
As teachers and care givers, our goal is to achieve a sense of continuity between home and school life. We believe it is essential for children to maintain a familiar and comfortable routine and it is important for TCC’s students to have the convenience and assurance of on-campus child minding.
The Children’s Village at TCC assures a quality “home away from home.” We provide an atmosphere where children are respected, staff are responsible, and parents are always welcome.
We believe in helping children develop a positive self-image, sense of independence, and self-discipline through success-oriented, developmentally age appropriate activities.
Each individual child’s needs are of the utmost importance. We are glad to welcome and share the wonders of learning.
Information about The Children’s Village at TCC
The Children’s Village at TCC, a child minding service provided for TCC students, is managed and operated by The Meherrin Development Corporation Enterprises, Inc. under a contract with Tidewater Community College.
Child Minding Spring Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday: 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM
$8.00 per hour per child
Three hours total per day per child
Six months to 12 years of age
• Parent or legal guardian of the child
• Currently enrolled TCC student taking classes
on the Norfolk campus
• Able to be contacted and return within 30 minutes
Wage and/or Adjunct Faculty Eligibility
• Currently employed for the Summer 2013 term
• Working two hours or less on the day child minding services are utilized
• Must show proof of working when utilizing service
(Child Minding Employee Verification Form)
• Birth certificate or hospital record
• Immunization record
• Two emergency contacts. Must provide name, address and phone number for each.
Method of Payment
• MasterCard, Visa or StormDollars
• Child Minding Plan using student financial aid funds administered by TCC
• Other forms of funding for which the student may be eligible, e.g., local, state, and/or federal programs.
Educational experiences, diaper changing, and snacks will be provided.
Enrollment is subject to space availability, thus it is key to register your child early.
All staff have passed a criminal background check and a Tuberculosis test.
• Registration Form
• Child Minding Student Financial Aid Form
• Parent Handbook
• Child Minding Scholarship Application
• Child Minding Employee Verification Form