eLearning at TCC
Understanding eLearning is simple. eLearning is learning that utilizes electronic technologies to access educational curriculum outside of a traditional classroom. It can refer to a course, program or degree delivered completely online or to a combination of online, face-to-face, and technology-enhanced coursework.
The Center for eLearning at Tidewater Community College supports faculty and students to use various eLearning technologies, including Blackboard, for their teaching and learning activities.
Online Course Formats
eLearning provides alternatives to traditional classroom instruction in a variety of ways. TCC eLearning classes are academically equivalent to traditional, face-to-face classes but have fewer, or in some cases, no class meetings.
Our faculty are heavily involved in supporting the advancement of effective online teaching and successful student learning.
Note: TCC faculty members attempting to access secured parts of the following information from home or an off-campus location may be prompted to login to InsideTCC. If you experience an error message when trying to view the information after logging in, please try logging into InsideTCC directly (available at https://insidetcc.tcc.edu/) and then selecting one of the “eLearning” links located under “Faculty and Staff” or “Departments”. Need help? View our troubleshooting guide.
- eLearning Event CalendarThe Tidewater Community College Center for eLearning event calendar lists upcoming workshops and various events provided by the Center for eLearning.
Register for Blackboard Workshops The Center for eLearning is offering Blackboard workshops online for this academic year. Examine the list of sessions by clicking on the link below and register today.
Online Blackboard Workshops
- Blackboard in Learning Technologies Blackboard offers a more personalized approach to online learning—face-to-face collaboration, integrated social learning tools, and instant access to course materials and lectures—no matter where your students happen to be.
- Online Course Development Program (TOP-ELITE, Quality Matters, TCC Blackboard Template) The OCD Program includes coursework in eLearning pedagogy and course design, as well as a phased approach to course development that includes guidance of an online Faculty Mentor and assistance from Center for eLearning support staff, as well as informal and formal peer reviews designed to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Faculty Websites Tidewater Community College recognizes that an online presence is important for faculty members. Therefore, the Center for eLearning offers faculty members the option of creating and maintaining a faculty-related website.
- Remote Proctoring Tidewater Community College has partnered with Software Secure/Remote Proctor Now to offer remote proctoring of online course assessments.
- BlogView the official news blog from the Center for eLearning at Tidewater Community College
- Faculty HelpFor assistance, please submit one of our eLearning help request forms.