Blackboard technology helps you make learning more effective in and beyond the traditional walls by:
- Breathing life into educational content
- Bringing efficiency to day-to-day tasks
- Empowering instructors with tools to engage every learner
- Motivating them on the devices they rely on
- Promoting collaboration and streamlining processes.
An LMS should make teaching and learning easier, not more complicated. Blackboard™ is your foundation for a rich education experience, delivering the technology, services and support you expect in a learning management system.
Blackboard enhances basic teaching tasks like grading and creating assessments. And with an intuitive design, this is one LMS that will save you time in and out of the classroom.
Blackboard is an online application that provides students and instructors a set of tools to post class materials online and easily communicate with each other. Students can access the TCC Blackboard website from anywhere they have Internet access.
Blackboard may experience regular maintenance outages between midnight and 4:00 a.m. on Thursday mornings. For more information, including additional dates and times for Blackboard unavailability, see Blackboard Announcements.
For Blackboard/eLearning help, please submit the forms located here.
What's New in Blackboard?
The VCCS Blackboard learning management system was upgraded to the latest release (April 2014) on Saturday, September 13, 2014. The April 2014 release for Blackboard Learn 9.1 has over 20 new improvements to its core capabilities, resulting in a product that is touted to be more “intuitive, engaging, and focused on end-users.
To learn more about the new features and improvements, click here.
Blackboard Training and Support for Faculty
- Blackboard/eLearning Help
- Video Tutorials
- Blackboard Help Site for Instructor
- Blackboard Collaborate (Free Online Training)
- Blackboard IM Tutorials
- Ask The Doctors (online question-and-answer forum for Blackboard)
- Blackboard Competencies (Prerequisites of Blackboard Skills for TOP Enrollment)
- Resources by the Publishers:
Blackboard provides a series of instructional videos and a few text files that serve as solid launch pads into the LMS (Learning Management System) and as a refresher course for items used infrequently. Visit Blackboard Video Tutorials for more information.