Failure to submit a complete form each semester will delay the processing of your VA certification to the Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA).
It is best to complete this form on a non-Internet Explorer web browser. Check your TCC email account regularly after submitting this form.
Your courses will be dropped if:
- tuition and fees are not paid in full by the tuition deadline;
- you attempt to submit this form after 5 p.m.;
- your classes do not fit your program.
The DVA will not pay for online remedial classes (i.e. MTEs, MTH 1, MTH 95, NAS 2, MUS 8, ENF's or ESL's).
Previously passed courses are not covered by your benefits except in unique situations. Please consult an Academic Advisors at any of our 4 campuses.
Once you submit the ECR form, you do not need to visit a campus CMVE VA office unless suggested by follow-up emails.Things to remember:
- All hybrid & IX1 (Independent study) classes will be considered online.
- Students must choose courses that are applicable to their current degree program of study in their TCC SIS Portal. Only classes within their degree program will be certified, all others will not be certified. Ensure classes match your degree by viewing your advisement report. Go to https://www.tcc.edu/student-services/tutorials “Academic Records” for how to do so.
- All associated documents such as Certificate of Eligibility (Ch 30, 31, 33, 35, 1606), parent letters, VocRehab Form 1905, can be uploaded with the ECR form.
- If you are trying to repeat a course and no grade has officially been posted in myTCC, we cannot certify that course to the VA. Please do not submit an ECR form until the grade is officially posted.
- If you are required to pay a portion of tuition and fees based on your benefit percentage (less than 100%) and have not paid, do not submit an ECR form. We cannot certify your courses to the VA until your portion of tuition and fees are paid.
After you submit the ECR form
The electronic form will generate a confirmation message like the one below:
You will also receive an email confirmation after the submission of the online ECR that will look like the one below. This will provide you with a copy for your records of the date and time you submitted the ECR request.
Once the VA Certifying Officials at your associated campus certify your enrollment, you will also receive an email in your TCC account confirming the information sent to the VA Regional Office in Buffalo, NY. It is important to read the entire email because each credit, depending on their dates, may be listed separately. The email will look like the one below:
If you are eligible for the Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH), your first payment may be delayed a few months, but you will be paid from the first day of class in which you are enrolled. You will receive a separate payment for books and supplies, if you are eligible. Because of this anticipated delay, all benefit recipients are advised to budget accordingly. View a list of the current rates here.
Student information changes
It is your responsibility to report any of the following changes to your campus VA Certifying Official as soon as the they occur:
- recalled or ordered to active duty
- other changes that may affect your attendance or grades
For more information, email email@example.com.
Call us at 757-822-7645 or 855-399-7480 (toll-free if outside the U.S.)
Virginia Beach: Mon - Fri: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Chesapeake: Mon - Fri: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Norfolk: Mon - Fri: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Portsmouth: Mon - Fri: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.