The first 2 years of the ROTC program at TCC covers orientation courses. You are not required to commit to joining the military at the completion of the orientation courses. Once you have completed the ROTC program at TCC, you may transfer to a 4-year school (such as Old Dominion University or Norfolk State University), where you will continue with advanced courses.
ROTC advanced courses require you to commit to joining a military reserve component and serve a certain number of years (depending on the specialty you choose) once you complete your bachelor’s degree.
ROTC Branch Requirements
- Complete your bachelor’s degree prior to age 34 (age 39 if you have previously served in the military)
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA to be eligible for program scholarships
- Complete your bachelor’s degree prior to age 27 (age 29 if you have previously served in the military)
- Have fewer than 30 college credits completed to join the NROTC program
- Have a 3.0 GPA , which is required to join the program and apply for scholarships
- Take physics and calculus between your junior and senior year of high school
Additionally, you must complete the NROTC College Program Application prior to enrolling in classes. The deadline for the application is May 15th for the upcoming academic year (which starts with the Fall semester).
Complete this form and a representative from the CMVE will contact you
Call us at 757-822-7645 or 855-399-7480 (toll-free if outside the U.S.)
Virginia Beach: Mon - Tue: 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m., Wed - Fri: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Chesapeake: Mon - Tue: 9:30 a.m. - 6 p.m., Wed - Fri: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Norfolk: Mon - Fri: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Portsmouth: Mon - Tue: 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m., Wed - Fri: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.