Looking for high quality, affordable and convenient child care while you are taking classes or working? Look no farther than your nearest TCC campus.
TCC students receive priority registration for their children, and may use financial aid funds to pay for care.
Centers are also open to the public. Visit the YWCA website or call 757-625-4248
Full-time (3 days or more) or part-day (less than 4 hours) care is provided for children as young as 2½ who are potty trained (or potty training) up to age 6. Drop-in care is also available.
All TCC Child Development Centers operated by the YWCA South Hampton Roads are fully licensed by the State of Virginia Department of Social Services. Each center has achieved Level 2 certification according to the state’s Quality Rating and Improvement System.
You don't have to be taking classes on a particular campus to use the Child Development Center on that campus. You only need to be a currently enrolled TCC student. And your child can receive care either while you're in class or at work.
Phone numbers and contacts for each center are listed below. Call today to arrange a visit, and you’ll see that quality can be affordable.
- Chesapeake Campus, Chesapeake Student Center, Room 110
- Portsmouth Campus, Portsmouth Student Center, Room E101
- Virginia Beach Campus, Lynnhaven Building, Room E153
Types of care and hours of operation
- Full-time (5 days per week)
- Part-time (3 days per week)
Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
More registration information is below. Please be sure to provide the required documents so that the registration process goes smoothly.
TCC Child Development Centers employment opportunities are available. View open positions here.
Chesapeake Campus: Call 757-822-5052 or stop in Monday-Friday 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Portsmouth Campus: Call 757-822-2125 or stop in Monday-Friday 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Enter by the TCC Child Development Center main entrance, located on the left side of the Portsmouth Student Center.
Virginia Beach Campus: Call 757-822-7282 or stop in Monday-Friday 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Email inquiries may be sent to Program Director Sade Cole.
Registrations are also accepted weekdays from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. at the YWCA South Hampton Roads, 500 E. Plume St., Suite 700, Norfolk. Call 757-625-4248.
IMPORTANT: You must provide several required forms in order to register your child the TCC Child Development Centers. Some require both an original and a copy. Details are below.
We only accept Money Orders for registration payments (payable to YWCA of SHR).
All payments are made online via Brightwheel.
You may also use your student financial aid via the TCC StormCard. Complete the Authorization to Pay Child Care Charges from Financial Aid Sources.
If you have any questions please contact the Site Supervisor.
You must provide the following documents at the time of registration. Please note certain documents require both the original and a copy.
- Child Care Registration Form
- 1 original and 1 copy of child’s 3-page School Health Form (Physical and Immunization Record). The immunization record must be signed by a physician or designee. Forms without the correct signatures will NOT be accepted.
- Child's original birth certificate for viewing.
If requesting an income-based reduced rate, provide the following:
- Your most recent 1040 Federal Income Tax Return. If you filed "Married Filing Separately," provide both returns.
and ANY of the following that apply to you:
- Last 2 pay stubs/LES (military)
- Social Security or disability statement
- If self-employed, your most recent Business Income Tax Return
- Documentation of any federal assistance such as food stamps, rent subsidy, or Aid to Dependent Children, TANF
- Child Support Agreement
- From myTCC-Student Center, a printout of your Financial Aid Award Notice or screenshot of anticipated SIS Loan Offers and Awards page.
A nonrefundable registration fee of $45 per child or $95 per family is due at the time of registration. Make your check payable to YWCA SHR.