Assessment Testing for PlacemenT: Steps
- Admission to TCC
Gain acceptance to the college by submitting an Application for Admission. Students must be admitted to the college prior to taking the placement tests, and should allow 48 hours for an application to be processed.
Once you have submitted your Application for Admission, you can take the tests on any campus as early as two semesters before you plan to enroll at the college and up until the beginning of the semester in which you plan to attend.
Early testing is a benefit to you. You will be ready to enroll in classes when registration begins and have access to the largest selection of classes available. Testing in early spring is a great time for potential June high school graduates to take the placement tests.
- Take Practice Tests in Preparation
All students are encouraged to prepare
for placement testing. Resources are available to help students perform at their
optimum--and TCC recommends that students utilize the resources available so that they may
perform at their best when taking placement tests. Preparation materials vary by
English and math, and also vary by a student's academic background.
Review the following links to help you prepare for the Placement Test:
Resources to Review English:
Resources to Review Math:
Resources for Dealing with Test Anxiety:
3. Pay fee and present receipt
Pay a $4.00 testing fee at any campus Business Office. (See Business Office hours of operation in the current Class Schedule or on TCC's website.) Present the receipt for $4.00 along with a photo ID to the Testing Center Proctor.
4. Day of the test
- Testing Centers hours of operation
- Present a photo ID and the receipt for $4.00 to the Testing Center Proctor.
- Make other arrangements for children and family so you can fully concentrate on the test.
- Allow at least three (3) hours to complete the Placement Tests.
- Placement testing sessions will NOT be started any later than three hours before the posted closing time.