How To Apply: http://www.virginiadot.org/jobs/ca-internprog-apply.asp
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Summer Transportation Internship Program
(Extended Until February 11, 2013)
The Virginia Department of Transportation Internship Program is accepting applications January 25th through February 4th, 2013 for Summer Internships in 2013. This program offers students:
- A paid developmental work experience in the summer in your field of study
- Optional part-time work during the school year
- Coaching by an expert in your field
- The opportunity to provide transportation solutions to the citizens of Virginia.
Candidates are eligible to apply if you:
- Are studying business, engineering, finance, accounting, communications, adult education, organizational development, computer sciences, chemistry, equipment mechanics, or similar fields of study
- Are an undergraduate student who will be a Junior or Senior in the Fall of 2013
- Are a graduate student working on a Master’s degree
- Are in a post-baccalaureate program
- Maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
Summer Work: VDOT Interns are guaranteed a paid summer position while they participate in the program. Summer positions are under the supervision of a coach who is an expert in your field of study. This on-the-job experience provides valuable, real-world work. The 2013 summer work positions start May 28th, 2013 and last for ten weeks. Interns may work a maximum of 40 hours per week during the summer.
Work during the School Year: Work can extend into the school year (optional), but if you are a full-time student, hours worked must be limited to 15 per week. After you graduate, you can still work for VDOT as an Intern.
Information about the program, including frequently-asked questions, can be found at: VDOT Internship Program
Instructions about how to apply for this program can be found at: How to Apply
You can find the job listings in the Virginia Recruitment Management System (RMS) at: Jobs Listing
Multiple jobs will be described under the following job title:
Job Titles: Intern–Business
Position Numbers: C0113
Agency: Department of Transportation
Intern applications are being accepted January 25th through February 11th, 2013. You must attach a resume, cover letter, and a transcript (unofficial or official) to your application.
An official transcript is required if you are invited later for a face-to-face interview.
Please contact the Internship Program Manager with any questions or concerns; we look forward to receiving your application:
Kathryn Wimett, Intern Program Manager
Virginia Department of Transportation, Learning Center
1401 East Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23219
Career and Employment Services
1700 College Crescent, Princess Anne Building, Room A-105
Virginia Beach, VA 23453
Office Number: (757) 822-7228
Web Site: www.tcc.edu/students/career/ses/index.htm