Bridges Learning Center @ TCC
The Bridges Learning Center may be right for YOU!
The Bridges program is here to help you
develop and strengthen your thinking abilities and perceptual
so that you can become a better learner.
SDV 108 College Survival Skills [more]
| Is the Bridges Learning
Center Right for Me?
you experienced one or more of the following?
- Difficulty paying attention in class
- A hard time understanding what the instructor is saying
- Trouble reading and/or understanding the textbook
- Not passing a class one or more times
- Difficulty taking notes from the board
- Stumbling over words when reading out loud
- An inability to understand a set of directions
- Taking a very long time to complete classroom work and
- A desire to improve your learning
|What is the Bridges Learning
Center @ TCC?
Tidewater Community College was selected
by the Virginia Community College System as one of four demonstration
sites to implement the program developed by Bridges
. now known as SOI (Structure of Intellect) Tidewater Community College now offers the program as SDV 108 College Survival Skills
, a three credit class.
The purpose of the program is to help students
become better learners. The program is designed to assist
students in becoming more successful in utilizing words,
numbers, theories, and concepts.
The Bridges Learning Center program is based
on the Structure
of Intellect (SOI) learning model
, which identifies,
develops, and strengthens mental abilities that students
use when they are learning. The SOI Model assists students
to learn more effectively. Bridges
details the research and science behind our
The activities in the Bridges Learning Center
are designed to help students improve skills and abilities
more about the Bridges Learning Center process.