GUIDELINES FOR DOCUMENTATION OF a
To enlarge all content on this site, hold the Control key and press the plus key + to zoom in (or minus key - to zoom out.)
TCC students seeking academic
accommodations for a visual
impairment should provide
documentatation of the student's visual
impairment and should consist of a
letter or report from an optometrist or
ophthalmologist and to include the
- An explanation of the extent of the individual’s visual fields.
- A specific diagnosis.
- The degree of visual acuity.
- Whether the condition is stable or progressive.
- A statement of the functional limitation(s) caused by the disability.
- Possible side effects of any prescribed aids or medication.
- Whether visual aids are recommended.
- Suggested recommendations for effective and reasonable academic accommodations.