Academy for Nonprofit Excellence
The Academy for Nonprofit Excellence offers Hampton Roads nonprofit professionals and board members:
- An easy, convenient way to learn new skills through classes at the TCC Regional Workforce Development Center or online
- Ongoing classes to keep their organization up-to-date and take it to new levels
- One- and two-day sessions taught by instructors who are experts in their fields
- Easy-on-the-budget courses -- $60 for one-day classes; $85 for two-day classes
- The opportunity to earn a Certificate in Nonprofit Management
- The opportunity to earn credits towards the Virginia Certificate in Museum Management without leaving Hampton Roads
- Several online courses available on demand to suit your schedule
The Academy is sponsored by the Hampton Roads Community Foundation and Tidewater Community College. Since 2005 more than 1000 people have taken Academy classes and 60 have earned the Certificate in Nonprofit Management. Students are affiliated with 400-plus nonprofits.
More information about the Academy and the Certificate in Nonprofit Management may be found by following the links to the left.
"I was hooked from that first class. I got so much out of it that I kept going back. I like the high caliber of the teachers and that the academy pushes you to gain new skills. The classes have boosted my confidence and given me great connections with other Hampton Roads nonprofit professionals.”
-Bobby Hill, recruitment coordinator for the Virginia Beach Rescue Squad Foundation 50th person to earn a Certificate in Nonprofit Management