Motorcycle Rider Training Program
Those paying by VISA or MasterCard should register online. Those paying by check can register from 9:00am - 5:00pm in the motorcycle office. Cash is not accepted at the motorcycle office.
Online Enrollment Process:
- Complete the on-line Non-credit/CEU Admissions Application*
(In item 6 of the of the online application choose Non-credit/CEU)
- Please ensure you are selecting the correct semester term
(i.e. Spring 2011 for classes between March 4th and May 15th)
- Write down your Student ID and Password to use for registration
- Go to the TCC home page and click on the "My TCC" icon at the top of the page
- Enter your Student ID and Password
- Select VCCS: Student Information System (SIS)
- In the enrollment section select the Enrollment: Add Classes link **
- Enter the class number of the class you wish to take or search for the class and hit the "select class" button
(Motorcycle class numbers can also be found on the Schedule page)
- Further instruction will be provided for you on the page
* If you are already a TCC student but have only taken credit classes you will have to fill out an admissions application, this time selecting Non-Credit in the career section. Your EMPL ID and user name will stay the same.
** If you are also a credit student you will have to select the Non Credit term to register in a motorcycle class
If you are not a U.S. citizen, you must register in person. Bring documentation confirming your current immigration status to the TCC Regional Workforce Development Center to register. If your status in the U.S. is permanent resident alien, please provide documentation of your A#.
If your status in the U.S. is temporary, please provide documentation of your Visa. Xerox copies are acceptable. Students will not be enrolled in a class if proper documentation of immigration status is not provided. Those who have problems with Social Security Numbers should also register in person.
Payment (all course costs must be paid in full at time of registration)
If payment is not made at the time of registration, you may be dropped from class without notification. Payment for online registration is by MasterCard or Visa. When registering in person, payment may be by check (made payable to Tidewater Community College), money order, Visa or Mastercard.
The Motorcycle Rider Training Program office is located at the Regional Workforce Development Center Please bring completed registration form with payment. Click here for directions.
- Motorcycle Rider Training Program
- TCC Regional Workforce Development Center
- 7000 College Drive
- Suffolk, VA 23435
- Tidewater Community College
- Portsmouth Campus
- 120 Campus Drive
- Portsmouth, VA 23701
Note The Motorcycle Rider Training Program, especially the Basic Rider Class, can be very popular and available course sessions often fill quickly. If you are registering by mail or fax, please list your top 3 class choices should your first choice be full at the time we receive your enrollment. Enrollment for classes will continue until full.
Full refunds of tuition are made for:
- Student drop when notification is made:
- Prior to noon Wednesday for a Friday class start date
- Prior to midnight Sunday for a Wednesday class start date
- Prior to noon Wednesday for a Saturday class start date
- In the event of class cancellation