Work Keys Program
Tidewater Community College Workforce Development Your WorkKeys Solutions Provider
The WorkKeys® Solution
The ACT WorkKeys® Solution has helped millions of people in high schools, colleges, professional associations, businesses, and government agencies build their skills to increase global competiveness and develop successful career pathways.
The ACT WorkKeys® Solutions Virginia Career Readiness Certificate and National Career Readiness Certificate support skill building and portable credentials necessary for career pathways. The ACT WorkKeys® system is a national workplace skills analysis system that helps to facilitate the connection between career seekers and employers through job profiling, assessment, and training.
Job Profiling (Job Analysis)
Wses a focus group process to gather job task and WorkKeys skill information form job incumbents to identify the critical skills (WorkKeys Assessments) needed for your employees to be successful on the job.
Include the foundational skills assessments and personal skills assessments
- Applied Mathematics
- Locating Information
- Reading for Information
- Applied Technology
- Business Writing
- Listening for Understanding
- Workplace Observation
- Virginia Career Readiness Certificate (CRC):
- National Career Readiness Certificate
The WorkKeys Writing Program
The Virginia Department of Education has endorsed the use of the Workkeys Writing assessment as an alternative to the Virginia Standards of Learning Writing test. The Tidewater Community College Workkeys Writing Program includes instruction, perparation, and the Workkeys Writing Assessment.
Keytrain is the complete, web-based, interactive learning tool aligned with ACT WorkKeys®. The curriculum is developed specifically to help people master the applied workplace skills as defined by the ACT WorkKeys® system.
Your Customized WorkKeys® Solutions
Whether you are a Career Seeker, Student, or an Employer, Tidewater Community College Workforce Development can provide a solution to your assessment, training, and certification needs through the use of the ACT WorkKeys® system
WorkKeys® Solutions for Employers
Develop accurate, detailed position descriptions including critical tasks and skill levels
- Improve staff hiring and advancement process
- Reduce turnover and increase productivity
- Increase employee morale and job satisfaction
- Determine the individual and organizational skill needs
- Improve the effectiveness of your training dollars by defining training needs specific to your company
WorkKeys® Solutions for Career Seekers and Students
- Earn a transferable, transportable State and National credential
- Enhance your resume portfolio and show prospective employers concrete proof of skills achieved
- Connect with employers in Hampton Roads, the Commonwealth of Virginia, and nationally who recognize the value of the Career Readiness Certificate in hiring decisions.
- Demonstrate potential for careers/education and training.
- Determine skill improvement and training needs