GOVERNANCE @ TCC
- Considers, discusses, and makes recommendations on instructional issues that advance the academic mission of the college.
- Recommends policy and procedures related to broad academic initiatives to improve instruction and student learning
- Reports through the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Chief Academic Officer
READ THE BYLAWS
Contact the Chair
1. Develop an online General Education Assignment Resource for TCC faculty that supports student achievement of the College's General Education Competencies. The resource will feature:
-Information and best practices on effective assignment design
-Examples of TCC faculty-developed assignments that support student achievement of General Education outcomes
-Information about and/or links to the College's General Education Assessment Program
Note: This resource will be actively maintained by the Instruction Committee on an ongoing basis, with support from the Libraries using theLibGuides content management system.
2. Review faculty feedback regarding the TCC General Education Competency Rubrics collected at the Spring 2014 Learning Institute, and recommend how to proceed following the review.
3. Revise bylaws to incorporate language establishing ongoing responsibility for:
-Reviewing and recommending revisions of the General Education Assessment Plan
-Reviewing and revising of the General Education Assignment Resource
-Reviewing and recommending revisions of the Process and Timeline for Review of Official Course Outlines
-Reviewing and recommending changes to the TCC General Education Competency Rubrics based on college-wide faculty feedback
-Reviewing and recommending changes to Instruction Committee
Second Tuesday of each month from September through May.
Place: Meeting will rotate monthly from campus to campus.
Time: 2 p.m.
Academic Year 2015-2016
Fall 2015: Sept. 8 (C), Oct. 13 (B), Nov. 10 (N), Dec. 8 (C)
- Spring 2016: Jan. 12 (B), Feb. 9 (N), Mar. 1 (C) (due to spring break schedule), Mar. 25 (B)(Friday Retreat), Apr. 12 (N), May 10 (C)
- May Learning Institute: May 11-12, Chesapeake
The Instruction Committee is allowed up to
three teaching faculty members appointed by the PAPC and, if necessary,
the PAPC is directed to use the appointments to ensure that each
campus has at least one Faculty Representative on the committee.
|Amanda Leo (V)
||Chair, Health Professions
|Mark Greer (V)
|Michael Blankenship (C)
|David Brandt (C)
|Jennifer Ferguson (N)
||Director of General Education Assessment and Transfer Partnerships
|Heather Fitzgerald (V)
|Mark Frederick (N)
|Lydia Leporte (V)
|Steve Litherland (N)
||AVP Libraries, Ex-Officio
|Don Mendonsa (C)
|Kerry Rango (N)
|Don Remy (C)
|Cameron Russell (N)
|Calvin Scheidt (V)
Director, Military Contracts Programs
|Lara Tedrow (N)
||Social Sciences (Psychology)