VBSC Policies & Procedures
The Virginia Beach Campus Student Center (VBSC) creates opportunities for students to participate in an array of extracurricular and recreational activities. We foster student engagement, leadership development and healthy lifestyle choices through leisure, athletic and fitness activities. The VBSC includes a Welcome & Information Center, The Campus & Community Resource room, Barnes & Noble bookstore as well as dining services provided by Aramark Catering.
Our expectation is that you will abide by these policies and procedures when using the facility.
To access the VBSC, complete the following steps:
- Present your valid TCC ID for currently enrolled students when checking in at the Security Station; a valid TCC ID is needed to access the second and third floors.
- Adherence to the college policies on Civility and Safety is expected.
Fitness, Health & Wellness
- In your initial visit to this area, a liability waiver (Assumption of the Risk form, SS-047) will be completed and it will remain on file for one year. This form is available on site at any of the check in stations located on the 2nd Floor North.
- All participants must check in at the Fitness Center check-in station, and have a current Assumption of Risk Form SS-047 on file prior to using any equipment.
- Orientations are strongly encouraged for all participants. Please see a Fitness Center attendant for assistance or if you have any equipment questions.
- All beverages must be contained in non-breakable sports bottles. Food items are not permitted in this area.
- There is a 30 minute limit on all cardiovascular equipment.
- Observe Fitness Center etiquette by allowing others to share equipment between sets.
- Participants are expected to wipe down equipment after use. Wipes are supplied at cleaning stations throughout the Fitness Center.
- Maintain control of equipment at all times. Weights should not be dropped.
- Appropriate fitness attire is required. This includes shirts and athletic footwear. Jeans, boots, sandals and other non-workout attire are prohibited.
- Food is prohibited. All drinks must be in non-breakable, sports containers. No glass permitted.
- Lockers must be used for personal belongings. See Fitness Center attendant to check out a lock. Personal locks are not permitted.
- Be courteous to other participants and staff with cell phone usage. Headphones are required when listening to music.
- Obscene, threatening or profane language will not be tolerated.
- Inappropriate behavior as is prohibited. Treat others with respect.
Locker Room & Locks
- The locker rooms located in the Fitness Center area are available to everyone who is eligible to use the facility.
- Locks are available at the Fitness Center check in station. Lockers and Locks are assigned for a maximum time limit of three hours.
- Personal locks are not permitted and will be removed.
Group Fitness Classes
- Students will have the first priority option for class participation.
- Participants must sign-in at the Fitness Center check-in station and are expected to be punctual in their arrival to class. Space is limited, so an early arrival is encouraged.
- Proper athletic attire should be worn.
- All beverages must be contained in a non-breakable sports bottle.
- Participants using the gym area for basketball, volleyball and table tennis must sign in at the Fitness Center check-in station on the second floor, and present a valid student ID card.
- All beverages must be contained in a non-breakable sports bottle and food items are not permitted in this area.
If you would like to use this area, please follow these steps:
- Go to the Gaming Area check-in station and present a valid student ID card.
- Personal billiard equipment is allowed; however, the VBSC is not responsible for damage or theft of personal property.
- Check-in is required at the Gaming Room station.
- You will be assigned a gaming console, television, game (if requested) and controllers. A limited number of games are available for check-out at any one time.
- Personal gaming equipment is allowed, however the VBSC is not responsible for damage or theft of personal property.
Damaged or Non-Returned Equipment
All cases of damaged or non-returned equipment will be referred to the VBSC Co-Director of Operations.
Food and Beverage policy: Food and beverages are not permitted in study areas, reading lounges, the billiards, gaming and card rooms.
TV & Movie Room
Daily showings will be posted outside the TV & Media Room. Featured presentations are listed on the VBSC website.
Room Reservation Requests by chartered student groups
Meeting rooms can accommodate groups of varying of sizes with an option of seating arrangements. Catering options are available through Aramark. Please contact the Co-Director of Student Activities for details and additional information.
Meeting Room Locations
The Virginia Beach Student Center can accommodate groups of varying sizes and has a variety of meeting and special event spaces available for use by current TCC students, faculty, and staff and approved external organizations.
|K302||28 max capacity|
|K304||57 max capacity|
|K305||22 max capacity|
|K311||22 max capacity|
|K313||22 max capacity|
|K320||120 max capacity|
|K322||22 max capacity|
Room Reservation Policy
Reservation requests will only be accepted from chartered student organizations, Academic and Student Services departments and TCC sponsored affiliate groups. Reserve a room
- Once the reservation is received, you will be notified within 24 hours.
- Your request will be assigned to the most appropriate space(s) available. Requests for specific rooms will be honored when possible.
- The VBSC reserves the right to re-assign space when necessary. Notification of any changes will be made in advance of the scheduled event.
- The VBSC reserves the right to deny a meeting room request if it is determined that the group or meeting is in conflict with the College policies or regulations.
- Should catering be needed, please see the catering section below.
All events, conferences, and meetings at Tidewater Community College are required to make arrangements through Aramark Catering for their refreshment needs. Should your meeting require refreshments, complete the following
- Contact Aramark Catering directly by email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone at 757-822-1609.
- Additional information may be obtained from their webpage.
Cancellation/No Show Policy
- The requestor must submit a 48-hour notice of cancellation to the VBSC.
- Repeat cancellations may result in the loss of room reservation privileges in the future.
General Guidelines for Meetings & Events
- Participants are expected to adhere to the established college guidelines for Civility and Safety found in the TCC Student Handbook.
- In the event that extensive cleaning is required after the event, a fee will be charged to the requestor and sponsoring organization. This fee will be determined based on the extent of damage incurred.
Movies & Films
- Registered student organizations and TCC departments must have the public viewing license or rights to show the movie or film.
- Movies and films are permitted to be shown in the reserved spaces, however, the sponsoring organization must provide a copy of the public viewing license and/or verification of viewing rights.
Parking, Loading & Unloading
- Vehicles are strictly prohibited from driving onto the walk-way/bridges of the VBSC.
- Parking, loading, and unloading for deliveries related to reserved spaces in the VBSC must be coordinated through the VBSC staff and approved in advance as part of the reservation process.
Should you have further questions regarding reserving space in the VBSC, or would like a tour of the available spaces, contact: Emily Hartman, Co-Director of Activities, Operations and Leadership, at 757-822-7705.
In case of an emergency (example – fire, inclement weather or critical incident) occupants of the building will follow the directive of the campus security, provost or dean of students. The VBSC follows all TCC, local, state and federal emergency regulations.
The policies and procedures as outlined above will be reviewed and assessed on an ongoing basis and is subject to revision as so determined and appropriate.