| How to Communicate
on the Chesapeake Campus
||Where can I find answers to general
If the Welcome Center is closed, how
can I find information?
Where can I
find information on new programs and services?
Where are campus announcements displayed?
Is there a suggestion box on campus?
How can I get more involved in campus
can I ask if I have a general campus question?
- When the Welcome Center is open, ask the assistant
|Monday - Thursday
|| 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
|| 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
||8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Room 175, George Pass Building
the Welcome Center is closed, how can I find information?
- The LRC (library) is the central
point for communication on campus when the Welcome Center
can I find information on new programs and services?
- Tables in the Pass and Whitehurst buildings display new
information about programs and services.
- Flyers are placed on the tables in building lobbies and
in the Public Libraries.
- The Student Handbook, available on the
information tables in the Pass and Whitehust lobbies, or
information on TCC’s policies and procedures related
to academic and student services.
- The College Catalog, available at the
Welcome Center, from the Enrollment and Counseling Office,
or online, offers
information on the college’s academic programs.
are announcements displayed?
- Daily announcements are placed on the easels in each building
daily at 8:00 a.m.
- An archive of these announcements is available at the
- If you have announcements for a club, or campus programs
or services, contact Vincent Gary, Student Activities Coordinator
(822-5138 or VGary@tcc.edu),
or visit the Chesapeake Campus
Student Activities website.
- Pertinent information on campus activities can be found
by viewing the Video Bulletin Boards in
the Pass building lobby, the student lounges, and the Student
Development (Counseling) office.
- Faculty often announce events on campus.
there a suggestion box on campus?
- A Suggestion Box located in the student
lounge in the Whitehurst Building
welcomes your concerns and ideas.
- Student Concern Forms are available
in the dean’s offices, Room 153, Pass Building, and
Room 2013 in the Whitehurst Building.
can I get more involved with TCC campus activities?
- The Student Government Association (SGA)
provides a vehicle for students to share information and
concerns related to the campus. For more information, contact
Vincent Gary, Student Activities Coordinator (822-5138 or
- Campus Ambassadors assist campus groups
with events. For more information on the Campus Ambassador
Program contact the Dean of Student Services Office.
- Students Helping Students is a program
that encourages students to assist other students who are
registering for classes. For more information on this program,
contact the Student Development (Counseling) office.
- The campus Provost and the college President hold open
meetings each semester. Students are encouraged to bring
their interests and concerns to these meetings.