Tidewater Community College provides collegiate education and training
to adults of all ages and backgrounds, helping them achieve their individual
goals and contribute as citizens and workers to the vitality of an increasingly
COMMITMENTS THAT INFORM THE MISSION:
- Open access to high-quality, affordable education to prepare
students for transfer to a four-year baccalaureate institution, as well
as for entry or advancement in the workforce.
- Cultural diversity as a critically important strength for students
to meet the changing needs of a pluralistic, democratic society.
- Lifelong learning to heighten the awareness of students to
multiple paths for achievement while helping them pursue the choices
most conducive to their individual needs.
- Partnerships and proactive responsiveness to develop cutting-edge
programs that meet the changing needs of students and industry, while
contributing to the economic, civic, and cultural vitality of the region,
the Commonwealth, the nation, and the international community.
- A comprehensive range of programs and services recognized
for excellence by leaders of business, industry, and government, and
by educators in K-12 education and four-year colleges and universities.
Approved by the Tidewater Community College Board
on March 12, 2002